Monday, January 5, 2009

Raid Dilemma

I have an interesting dilemma. I want to raid. Really REALLY want to raid. I've wanted to raid since the day I started in WoW, and all 65+ days of game time I've put into Zully. My guild is spinning up to do some raiding, and I'm thrilled. They've made it pretty clear that they need me in order to start doing it, since I'm the Holy Troll, which makes me feel good and freaks me out at the same time. Pressure! Ack!

The problem is, raids take time. Big, uninterrupted blocks of time. Most of my big uninterrupted blocks of time are between 12a and 4a server time, or on the weekend not between 6p and 9p server time. I highly doubt the east coasters are going to want to wait until 9p server time to start a raid, and I also doubt that the west coasters will get up early enough to be done by 6p server time. I'm assuming a minimum of 4 hours of raid time, but they usually run 6-8 hours. A lot of our geared players fall into one of those two categories.

I don't know what to do. I don't want to let everyone down by not being able to raid, but I don't want to plan my life around raiding in WoW. But I REALLY REALLY want to raid. This is so frustrating.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Label Cloud