Tuesday, March 3, 2009

No @*%&ing Swearing in Guild Chat!

I'm a fan of answering questions posed on other blogs. None of the WowInsider Breakfast Topics have caught my attention, but this question posted on World of Matticus did:

Is your guild vent dirty? As in rated R+?
This is a really funny question in my case. Every time I explain it to someone not in-guild, or someone new joining the guild, there's definite confusion.

- No swearing in /gchat. There's some debate over whether tv words like "crap" count.
- PG13+ in TeamSpeak, meaning the F-bomb is OK, as long as it's not every other word.

Whenever someone asks why no swearing in gchat, the only reason I can come up with is that it's tradition, and while TeamSpeak is optional, gchat is not. The whole PG13 thing is more a function of our guild being mostly people with families, but the realization that if you swear, it's difficult not to when you're frustrated and stressed.

And you know what? I like it that way. It's nice to have a haven in the game where you don't have to put up with people being nasty. If I really don't want to hear it, I just take the headphones off.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Label Cloud