Monday, August 17, 2009

Future... Future.... Future....

I have a vision. A vision of the future.

I see EnM starting 10 man raids in a few weeks, maybe a month. I'm really excited about being able to raid again. Anyone who knows me knows I'm about the content, not the gear. We'll probably have to PuG a few, but at this point that may be a good thing. The five of us rip through instances like nothing, so I think anyone who PuGs with us will consider joining us. The loot rules might be a little tricky for a while though. I don't know if PuGs will be willing to go for a "guild first" raiding policy. Maybe if we specify certain items as straight up rolls, like weapons and tier gear, like the Steaks used to do. I'll have to think about that.

As for our current roster, I'm really hoping Dep will quit his whining and maybe feral tank for us. I'm pretty sure at least one of our DKs is a tank as well, so we should be set with that. I'm not sure if there are any other healers besides me. That could be a challenge. That may need to work itself out through recruiting. PuGging healers is always scary. We've got lots of melee DPS, but not a lot of ranged. I guess it depends on who wants to bring what character. Generally, it looks like we have as regulars 2 tanks, 1 healer, and 3 dps. There's 2 or 3 more DPS out there as well, they're just not 80 yet. I could probably bring at least one of the Wolves, maybe two if I can coach them a little. That's a pretty good start for a raid. If Coffee and Dkow come back we'll be in much better shape (though they're not approaching 80 yet). I'm hoping they're just on vacation. I miss Krom. I wonder if he'd switch servers if my guild starts raiding.

Goblin set up a Vent server for us (though it looks like we'll still need to pay for the server license. 8 slots isn't going to be enough once we start raiding). That should help even in heroics. We're going to be running a lot of heroics over the next few weeks. Then again, I like to talk. Other people, not so much.

We need a raid leader. Someone less anal than me. I don't want to end up like Px giving everyone orders all the time, it makes me feel like the succubus looks. Which I suppose isn't all bad, depending on who you ask. I'll probably end up doing it for the earlier instances (Naxx/OS/Maly), but whoever wants it is starting with just as much knowledge as me once we get to the "new" ones (Ulduar/ToC). Mainly though I am good at administrative BS and event planning, but I'm not very comfortable leading a group. That's been covered before, of course.

Overall, I'm feeling optimistic. Once I'm back into an early evening schedule it should make raiding easier. I think the 6p-10p Fri-Sun schedule works pretty well. We'll see which of those days I end up cutting short.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Label Cloud