Tuesday, February 24, 2009

I woke up in the Western Plaguelands...

... And I only have a vague recollection of how I got there. But here's what I remember from the weekend.

Friday night I was hella late for the Naxx run. I wasn't supposed to have to go back to work, but I did. The 'superstar' healing drood who left us for a 25 man raiding guild was in the group. I might as well have scratched my ass and watched a movie for the first two quarters. I'm not really complaining, it was just as much excellent tanking and dps as it was heals. But I think three healers in that situation was totally unnecessary. He's not looting or anything, and he has been running his DK with us regularly, so it's all good I guess. We killed the first boss of the Military Quarter, even though we really shouldn't have. It was a really sloppy kill. We kicked the crap out of Patchwerk on the first try, but didn't get past the next boss before we called it a night.

Saturday we ran Kara for shits and giggles. We actually had a full 10 man group of mostly 80s. We failed at chess. Twice. It was hilarious. I was feeling kind of lousy so I watched Men in Tights, got groceries, and played Guitar Hero. I came back on around what I thought would be raid time, but our tank was being a drama queen so it never happened. I ran a heroic and somewhere in there Tess, Krom and I decided it would be fun to get trashed and run both Old Strat and Scholo for achievements and rep. It wasn't as much fun as I thought, since I forgot just how HUGE those instances are. Those things must have been hardcore at level. I don't think I got that far in vanilla WoW. Regardless, we got the achievements, and I'm real close to exalted with the Argent Dawn.

Sunday I had my Sarth + 1 raid. Everything was rolling along fine until both tanks had to eat dinner. For like 40 minutes. You know, I'm willing to accomodate people's schedules... but a little advance notice would have been nice. So... I guess next week we won't start till 10 server. I wanted to accomodate both coasts by starting early. Hopefully 10 won't be too late for the East Coasters.

I did a ton of achievements this weekend. My raid buddy Aeth has been encouraging me to do them with him. It's been pretty fun so far. I have a ton of instance / quest ones to do though. Guess I'm in it for the long haul!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Label Cloud