Thursday, February 26, 2009

Ambition

I've been trying to decide about the raiding situation in my guild. Things have been going OK progression wise, but part of me knows that we can do so much better. I've been trying to push our best raiders to do harder content than I think we would normally attempt, the Sarth +1 raids. It's going alright, but I'm really starting to get frustrated with the response I'm getting. One of our best tanks was hedging today about accepting the invitations to Krom and my raids. I'm really not sure what to do with him, since he's one of the long LONG time members of the guild. I don't want to cut him out, but at the same time it really irritates me that he refuses to plan ahead. I even talked to him directly, and he still didn't accept or decline the invite. I'm about 1 step away from just cancelling Sunday's Sarth +1 raid and doing something else instead.

But here's the thing. I'm ambitious. It's just ingrained in me. I really want to push us to our limit. I just have this gut feeling that if someone (me) shows our best guys that they can do the difficult parts of the game, we will be awesome. The people I've been bringing have been playing for a very long time and know their stuff. Wow-Heroes says that 10 of us are good enough to attempt Malygos. This makes me happy, and annoyed at the same time. The hard part for me right now is riding through the learning process. It doesn't matter how good your gear is, raid experience is something else entirely. We didn't really start serious raiding until Wrath came out, and it shows. It's just going to take us some time to get going, and logically I know that.

Maybe I'm just getting impatient. I've been thinking about that raiding guild again. Aeth has been pushing pretty hard to get me into his guild. Even though I'm undergeared for what they're doing I think I could rise up pretty fast. The other thing that's getting to me is the stress. I've had a lot of personal stress recently. All this raid leading and personality conflict has been getting to me. So I'm sort of at a crossroads. Do I just keep doing what I'm doing, and maybe take a week break or so? Do I continue to take charge and try to push us into better raids? Do I just quit because I'm taking this whole thing too seriously?

I really don't know. It's not simple.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Label Cloud