Monday, November 24, 2008

OMG Discipline

I guess I have a lot to say today.

In the back of my head I was turning over the instances I did this weekend after writing that last post, and I've been very pleased to find that I can heal a group equally geared to me just fine in discipline spec. It's so nice not to have re-specced for 2 weeks now. Without doing any extensive theory crafting here's what I've found:

1. The uber-buffed shield works beautifully for controlling damage done by over-zealot DPSers, especially with the mana return component. I'm looking at you Px.

2. My LOLSMITE spec includes every bonus to spell power I could fit in. Now that spell power and healing power are one and the same, this boosts my healing as well as my damage, mitigating some of the loss I get from not having boosts to healing spells.

3. I have a few mana-regen trinkets hanging around now that help A LOT. Between the Bangle of Endless Blessings, that new one I got with the +222 to Spirit auto pop, and the Hymn of Hope, I'm doing OK. I even use the Scarab of the Infinite Cycle to change it up once in a while. I have a pair of straight MP5 trinkets I use out in the world that work good too.

We'll see how it goes when we start leveling out of our purple gear, but as long as I can heal a good group, I think I'm OK as a Discipline healer for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Label Cloud