Monday, November 10, 2008

Fair and square... well close enough

I was up in the Throne of Kil'jaden doing my dailies and minding my own business when this BG/Arena geared warlock decided to start shit with me. I'm perfectly happy to start stuff with allies out in the world, I much prefer that to instanced PvP, but I usually am a good girl and leave the allies alone when they're doing their dailies, especially in places like Ogri'la and the Throne where there's a very small area to move around in and no real competition for the quest objectives.

I had just re-specced to discipline before heading out. Which must be why we raided the next day. I'm gonna go broke re-speccing. Tran was giving me a hard time about bashing Holy the other day, but I find it far FAR easier to do dailies, especially the Island, with resilience/stam gear and a 2/3 discipline spec. I have better damage, but less mana regeneration. When I'm spending time in the air hopping from area to area the mp5 takes care of itself. And I'm having enough issues with my big heals while raiding without losing 2k off the top, so staying Circle Holy all the time is out of the question. But I digress.

I was pretty much at full mana when his felguard started attacking me. I tossed up my uber buffed reflective shield and feared him, got a few DoTs up and a smite. After that, he chain feared me a few times, but I was able to keep my bubble up and him out of contact long enough to keep myself up above 7k health. At some point he swapped over to that demon form, but all that really did was make me damage him faster. It was kind of funny. I don't know why, maybe they're less resistant to Holy in that form? When he feared me into the mobs (inevitable) it started to get hairy but at that point he was almost dead, so I just refreshed my DoTs and let them finish him off so I could deal with the fire elemental that was pounding me.

To be fair, I didn't win because I'm uber, he lost because he was bad. He should have used the felhunter, not the felguard. He also should have kept me dotted up, which he didn't. And I don't know what that demon form's all about but I was kicking the crap out of him while he was like that.

I thought I'd taught him a lesson and tried to continue with my dailies on the other side of the area. This time he caught me in combat at half mana, so I called for friends. He would have gotten me eventually, but I held him off for the half minute or so it took for Tran to come rescue me.

But when the odds were even, maybe even stacked a little towards that lock's side, I won. Except for terrible hunters and sub 70s I don't think I've ever done that without someone else getting involved before it was over. w00t!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Label Cloud