Thursday, November 20, 2008

Breaking Stuff

Breakfast Topic: Are you leveling your Professions?

You better believe it, WowInsider. Then again, I've pretty much given the thumbs down to the Death Knight for the time being. It would be pretty rough leveling from 1 at level 55.

Zully is a Tailor/Enchanter like most healy type priests. That primal mooncloth/whitemend set was, and for the moment still is, the shizzle for raiding. And seeing as you don't have to 'gather' tailoring supplies so much as kill a bunch of humanoids, enchanting is the natural choice for getting rid of all those useless greens leveling tailoring produces. Tailoring is kind of like engineering in a way though, it costs more money than it makes because all the good stuff is boe, and the rest has pretty much no market. This applies even once max level is reached.

Enchanting for me is a huge money sink while leveling, but ends up paying for itself plus a little in the long run. Being able to disenchant greens has its upsides and downsides. Early on, greens are a great way to make a little extra cash either on the AH or as simple vendor trash. As an enchanter, I just break every green I find. At first, I thought I'd be able to sell the mats for profit like I used to do, but it looks like the market is a little dry right now. I think it's a combination of enchanters having plenty of greens to break to level and the lack of people seeking the new enchants. Until people start getting settled into their blues, pvp gear, and start raiding the enchants for sale market won't really take off again. So for now, free enchants for everyone!

Fishing is easy for me to level, because I'm a dork who likes to do it, and also I own almost every bit of pre-wrath fishing buff you can get, so it goes fast. First aid I just level to say I did it. I can't remember the last time I really used a band-aid with Zully and it actually helped. I may have used one or two in arenas, but usually by the time I remember about them it's too late. Cooking goes along with fishing, and being able to make good buff food is handy. I'm not a big fan of the "cooking award" system of buying recipes, but oh well.

I've been getting a lot of requests to disenchant stuff. I ought to start saying no, at least to strangers, unless they're offering a tip. It cuts into my profits!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Label Cloud