Monday, December 28, 2009

Chasing My Tail

Old content is old.  Yet somehow, the achievement whore masochist in me goes back to it again and again.
My playtime this weekend was mostly spent in Un'Goro Crater, Burning Steppes, Searing Gorge, and the Badlands.  I went to visit Goblin and his family on Sunday, and we did LBRS and UBRS.  He didn't get much experience, but he got two pieces of Tier 2 gear LOL.

I also had a really funny random dungeon last night.  It was late so I just popped into queue by myself (it's instant if I'm alone) and drew the Nexus.  At first I was happy because Nexus is easy.  I was wrong.  See, the thing is this new random dungeon thing places you based on your gear.  If I've drawn the Nexus, the group is going to be less than epic.  This particular group was 4 people from the same guild.  The tank, thank goodness, was in badge gear.  The dps were all in a mix of blues and greens with a smattering of purples between them to boost them into the Heroic queue.  Every time the pally did Hammer of Justice they spammed a macro that said "Stop, Hammer Time".  Also, the pally and the spriest were both drunk.  Usually I think people say that to be cool/make excuses, but the pally proceeded to walk straight off the edge of the platform after the Void boss.  The pally also went AFK in the hallway near the tree boss and I had to go back and heal him so he didn't get killed by flowers.  The spriest won the "most deaths" award for standing in spikes and aggroing packs when no one was looking.  We finished it without too much trouble.  It was kind of fun, sometimes I enjoy healing a fail group, it makes me feel pro.

I stepped in for a few runs at the first Icecrown boss, but I was on the laptop and wasn't really able to heal it.  It's hard to get out of the fire when you're running at 7fps.  Oxy was good about it as usual, but I felt kind of bad.  Oh well, we gave it a try anyway.  Looks like we're trying to get a 25 man run together next Saturday.  I don't think I'm going to be able to go though, it falls during my afternoon WoW break :-(

That's pretty much it.  I need to get back into the routine of doing the Tournament dailies and the Random as soon as I log in.  I want a pony!

Oh, and the comments section of this thread on WoWInsider is win:
Researchers Study Wow to See How Gangs Form and Fade

No comments:

Post a Comment

Label Cloud