Thursday, July 16, 2009

Armory for iPhone

Finally!!

The item search is really slick. This is going to save me a ton of time. Sorry WoWHead, I think your day to day usage is going to drop significantly for me. The armory was always too slow to look up items. The app is speedy. I'll still be using WoWHead to find drop rates and stuff but the "What the heck is Primal Tiger Leather used for?" Off to the iPhone.

The achievement interface is nice, the only thing I'd like to see is the "compare" feature worked in (so I can see what things Krom has gotten that I haven't) I also see myself using this when I want to go out and work on achievements.

I wonder if it will ever be able to do gear sets? I haven't used the built in equipment manager so I don't even know if saving gear sets is possible. I'm just such a fan of Outfitter.

Biggest problem I see so far: Can't save the talents tree you've worked on in the talent calculator. WTF? What use is a talent calculator if you have to redo it every time?

Basically, my iPhone has become even more of a necessary accessory for WoW. I already had to have it near me to authenticate, but now I won't have to alt-tab out nearly as often to go check WoWHead.

Now if WoWHead came out with an app... that would be epic.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Label Cloud