Thursday, February 4, 2010

Superpowers for Good (and not for awesome)

WoW.com Breakfast Topic What intangible qualities do you bring to a raid?

My raid superpower is multitasking.  One of the things I've always been able to do, in gaming and in life, is step back and look at the overall picture, then focus down on what I need to do to meet that larger goal.  This usually requires me to queue three spells up in my head while I strafe left out of the fire and yell at the huntard for standing in said fire.  Here's how I got to the point where I can use my superpowers for good (and not for awesome).



1. I know my spec and rotation well enough to not have to think about how I'm healing until things really start to hit the fan.  This lets me:

2. Concentrate on what the boss is going to do next.  Releasing adds?  Great drop threat.  Spikes, fire, etc?  Dance my troll toes somewhere else.  Once I have myself covered I can:

3. See if anyone else is in danger.  Yes, I'm the obnoxious one that tells Hunter X to watch the spikes in the middle of the fight.  Most of the time this just means I throw an extra renew or a shield.  After the fight, I can tattle on people who are being dumb.  Finally:

4. If I have time, I can work on my efficiency.  It's always my aim to be below 50% overheals, and I'm usually pretty successful.

Nothing earth shattering, but there it is.  I can see you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Label Cloud