Monday, February 1, 2010

The Only Thing Constant is Change

So I went and got myself promoted to officer.  It's been 6 months plus since I was an active officer.  Apparently I didn't learn my lesson the first time.

I'd be lying if I said I didn't see the promotion coming, but it's still a surprise when it happens.  Like getting engaged, without the bling.  I'm happy about it, but unlike last time I wasn't asking for it until I already knew it was going to happen.  I'm a little wiser about how guilds work now.  That should help me keep from burning all my enthusiasm in the first few weeks.  Of course, the first thing I did was offload a bunch of stuff to the guild bank.  Boy did that feel good.  I'll have to pick through my tailoring stuff next.  I've always been committed to whatever guild I'm in even when not an officer.  Basically, I don't do anything half-assed, it's not in my nature.  However, I still noticed an immediate change in my perspective, despite not actually having done any "officer stuff" yet.

Things are going pretty awesome with the weekend raid.  Basically, first run we made it to Saurfang on Saturday.  Sunday we wiped 12 times on Saurfang, but that actually made me the happiest troll in the world,  I'm actually more excited about wiping than all those bosses we one or two shot.  I saw some great dedication from our team this weekend, and that's what's going to get us places.

We started using a real actual loot system.  They decided to go with EPGP.  I've always been very meh about gear in general.  Yes I get excited about shiny lewtz, but if I don't get it I basically say "awww" and get over it.  Oddly enough, I was all about the points when they got awarded.

On that note, I did pick up quite a bit of new gear.  I bought the Ashen Band of Wisdom and Volde's Cloak of the Night Sky.  The Cord of the Patronizing Practitioner dropped, and Konn was nice enough to pass it to me even though his 12 beat my 8 :-).  I guess it's getting to be time for another gear upgrade post.

Raid Combat Logs Here: World of Logs: Eye for an Eye
Zully's Current Gear Here: Wowhead Profiler: Zulwiga of Alterac Mountains

No comments:

Post a Comment

Label Cloud