Monday, November 29, 2010

Racial Diversity FTW

Why yes, I did roll an alt when the Cataclysm hit.  It wasn't one of the  new combos though.  I decided to re-roll my lvl 28 Orc hunter, and I'm actually really glad I did.  It all started in the Valley of Trials.

I have rolled about a billion Troll alts on and off throughout the years, so I know the Valley of Trials like the back of my hand.  I got to the point where I could finish it in 20-30 minutes depending on if there was another player on the same quest line as me.  The same thing goes all the way up through the Barrens and Stonetalon Mountains, that's the path I always seemed to take.  I am getting a kick out of the subtle little changes they have made to the quest lines I know so well.  They kicked the first quest giver out of the cave and made him sit on the ground next to the fire, filling the cave with human prisoners.   You actually fight humans on the hills, setting up a quest line to take out some more humans which replaced the Centaurs on the quest chain in Echo Isles.  Of course, Zalzane and those stupid low drop rate tiger quests are gone.  They took out all the grey level drops and suit you up in a full upgraded white set by the time you hit Razor Hill.  Overall, the flow is just better, no running back and forth to Echo Isles, which was always a pain.  No more sticky glue, unfortunately.  There's a flight point in Echo Isles now too, which will be handy.

I'm probably the only one who cares about all those little things, the quests are essentially the same with slightly different dialog and the tool chests on shore instead of under water, but it's really making me smile.  Especially the permanent defensive mode boar I had from level 1.  I'm really looking forward to having a 4 hour+ block of time to actually dig in and play, hopefully into some of the real new quests in the Barrens.

Quick update on the glyph business, I'm back to making a whole lot of money because the ink trade-down was upgraded to the Cataclysm level inks.  I'm guessing it broke Woodwitch's bot, I haven't seen him since the patch hit.  It could just be the holiday.  It hasn't affected me much because I have a snatch set up on all the low level herbs, so I'm able to fill in a lot of the gaps.  All this nonsense has created a gap in certain glyph types, so prices are up a bit again.  I'm trying to take advantage while I can.

It's really tempting to level Yamira first since she's the glypher, and I've been having fun with the Druid.  I really feel like I should level Zully first though.  I don't think I could stand not having a healer for very long.  It's going to be too tough to try and level both at the same time, and I have a stupid amount of money anyway.  It will be kind of nice to have a break I think, and I can still move the lower level glyphs.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Label Cloud